Monday 8 December 2008

Sleigh bells ring!

Are you listening?

Mods
It's December and Xmas decorations are flying! Our tree is up and it's all sparkly like :) I watched The Jerk the other night for the second time in my life, and it continues to grow on me. I don't usually like Steve Martin & especially not when he's trying to be eccentric, but somehow his performance in The Jerk is spot on! The film is funny, witty - and although it looks dated, it some how feels just as relevant & funny today as it would've when it was released. The gags are somewhat timeless I assume. Definitely worth a watch!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079367/

Midi
In gaming news, I'm still awaiting the release of Murphy's Salvage, a little AGS game with some of my music in. I just hope it gets released this side of the New Year so I can then state I did manage 3 soundtracks this year :p
http://www.screen7.co.uk/music/midi/

I've applied to do music on the new Ace Quest game and Mills has given me some kind reassurance, but it's too early for him to have a clear picture of the music side, so he's not coming to any decisions about that for a while!
http://www.jmaven.com/acequest/

Mr Doak popped by my blog (thanks Mike) to say Fatman 2 continues! Just...well...I don't know. I need a list from you Mike, that's all!!!

Yahtzee continues to make Zero Punctuations but it appears he has nothing game wise in the works. I've emailed him a few times but not had a response, I guess he's too busy even to speak to me. BASTARD! Still, it's only a matter of time before he realises he needs to make one of his own games again. I assure you :)

Um, and I can't remember what else I'm working on. Oh yes I can. *fumble* I've just sent the guy a PM to say I can start work on it now that I've finished the Murphy's Salvage one. And of course there is the NEW Larry Vales game! But Phil is also still merely pondering over soundtrack matters too I think :)

Game
I am making a Christmas game which is a 1st person adventure for fun. It should be ready in a fortnight, just before Xmas eve. Only problem at the moment is, it's too bloody linear!!!

Matti is still working on the backgrounds for Dumbass Drivers! and I can't wait to see them complete! But there is no rush, so DD or DAD will be ready in 2009.

I have some catching up to do with the latest AGS releases which I hope to do over Christmas. I wonder how many other Xmas games are in the works?

Film
Watched 2 filming hasn't happened for a few weeks, my fault...illness, family meals...but this coming weekend I hope to get in one decent full day, and there are a LOT of exciting shots to do so I can't wait! We've permission to do some great stuff in the scrap-yard with a large grab...awesome! Under professional supervision, of course ;) The trailer however has been seen by bollox all people, so its here!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-mGk4AmF7m4

UFO Watch UK episode 4 is coming very soon, it's quite complete but not wholly. Episode 5 is going to be something quite special though :) It was planned to be the Xmas special but I really don't think I'm going to get time. So 4 will be average but 5 will hopefully match number 3's 2000 views :D

We've had some beautifully clear nights in the last week - thank Yahweh! It had been cloudy for literally a MONTH and a half, since October 14th!!! GRRR hehe. But I haven't SEEN any UFOs, even though I've been looking. I have, in the past, seen them in these cold months so I'm going to keep my eyez on the skyz :)

Web
I've updated the Screen 7 website in a couple of areas, but I haven't had the time or the money to finalise this years award stuff. The runners up will get their prize over Christmas time, and the trophy...well, the company moved off their premesis during its production - and I haven't had the time or money to find them again. Still, I'll just get another one made if I have too. Sorry for the delay to the winner...but try and go to Mittens, so you can recieve it in person!! ;p

End
That's it. I can't think of anything else even vaguely relevant. I'd like a cup of tea? Merry Christmas!

No comments: