Wednesday 14 January 2009

Mod's mini movie review

Christmas time has been good this year, loads of fantastic specials and even some great movies on! Oh no wait, those were all DVD's. Still, I seem to have watched a shit load of stuff in the last few weeks, here's my review :)

MAN ON FIRE 4/5
Very compelling DENNNNZELLL movie. I couldn't wait to watch and see what Denzel was up to this time. He played a very convincing role, and Dakotta Fanning was surprisingly cute and surprisingly un-annoying in this movie. It took a while for the action to kick off but it was fantastic to watch. Walken was very good in this too, and what's more, I watched this straight after CLICK and had no idea Walken would be in it - so it was a pleasent surprise! Overall, a very compelling movie.

CLICK 5/5
Probably the best, fresh comedy I've watched for quite a few years. I want to suck the casting directors dick, because the cast in this movie is simply unbeatable. Adam Sandler plays an amazing role - his best since The Wedding Singer. The writing in the movie is BRILLIANT, had me laughing a lot. Christopher Walken is BLOODY BRILLIANT and both HE and SANDLER should do more movies like this... If you luuvv christopher walkens waaacky voyce, you'll frickin luff dis movie! The FONZ is in it and so is David Hasselhoff playing the perfect part for the Hoff - WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT!!! The plot was great and it DIDN'T break down into mush at the end...GO WATCH THIS FILM NOW!!!

HANCOCK 3/5
This film started out great. Will Smith is great in this movie, seriously. But once you hit half way throgh the film, it get's boring. It's not a bad film, in fact - far from it, there's a lot of great moments. But the power struggle that begins half way through the movie should, in my opinion, never have happened. I was really interested in Hancock, and him getting over his problems. There's a great scene where he can finally say "Good job" to cops, and that provoked a really nice feeling inside. Then I was waiting for more like that, but the movie turned into something else - none of his original problems got their resolve and I just couldn't care for his relationship with super-woman. So, worth watching - the first half at least.

ROYLE FAMILY: XMAS SPECIAL 4/5
This was a great Christmas treat! THANK YOU!!!! I can't get enough of the Royle Family and I was excited about this episode for weeks. It certainly didn't dissapoint, but there seemed to be a few things missing, mostly Ralf Little - but so so. Not as hard hitting as the previous Christmas special but, I'm EXTREMELY glad they still went ahead and made another one. This made BBC viewing essential this year, which hasn't happened to me for quite a while!! All the usual characters played their roles extremely well, and Denise looked hot in her apron! Hehe

WALLACE & GROMIT XMAS SPECIAL 3/5
I can't remember it's name but it was fun to watch. It had its moments. It was just nice that it was on, it felt like the older years when no-one had freeview and so everyone sat and watched Wallace & Gromit at Christmas :) I don't think this one was as good as Wrong Trousers by far, and not quite as good as a close shave, but it was definitely fun, and the love element for Gromit was a lovely touch. So well done Aardman! Hopefully next time there won't be any women, as with the original 2 films.

And that's about it, I can't remember what else I've watched, apart from that Eurovision song contest audition thing with Andrew Lloyd Webber and Graham Norton, and that is actually a good laugh! I plan to audition for BB10 in the next week, maybe even today - yes, I know, signing my life away, but I'm up for it :)

Til next time...take it easy!

No comments: